Apple iPhone 12 mini
Apple iPhone 12 mini has a brand new 5.4-inch screen size. The handset is sitting between the 4.7" iPhone SE, and the 6.1" iPhone 12 models, but offers powerful hardware in a package that is smaller than the SE. Other hardware include OLED display, 5nm Apple A14 Bionic processor, and dual-camera setup.
Super Retina XDR display
Vastly more contrast. Incredible colour accuracy. A huge jump in pixel density. Wow. Just wow. OLED delivers brighter brights, darker blacks, and higher resolution for everything you look at.
Both the Wide and Ultra Wide cameras now have Night mode and it's better than ever at capturing incredible low-light shots. The new Wide camera brings in 27 per cent more light. So whether you take photos by daylight or by moonlight, you'll get a level of detail and colour that wasn't possible before.
Evenings have entered the picture.
Night mode senses when light is low and kicks in automatically, maintaining clarity while capturing beautiful vibrant colour. All you have to do is start snapping.
Deep Fusion, in mid to low light, analyses multiple exposures to maximise detail. Check out the texture in the wood, fabric and crystal. And the Ultra Wide gets you a heroic perspective.
Smart HDR 3 balances the elements in a shot, bringing out detail in the subject and trees while retaining the rich colour of the sky even at high noon.
Beyond faces, Smart HDR 3 uses machine learning to recognise scenes, then adjusts sharpness, colour and white balance where needed.
Even in bright light, Smart HDR 3 is amazing at capturing texture, skin tone, colour saturation and individual details that make photos feel true to life.
Face it. Nothing beats Portrait mode.
Take great photos even further by choosing from six creative lighting effects, like High‑Key Light Mono, Natural Light and Studio Light.
Portrait mode is even better at artfully blurring the background to put all the focus on your subject. Lovely, isn’t it?
How do you improve on the highest-quality video in a smartphone? Make it even better in low light a full 27 per cent better. That means no hour is off limits for more beautifully detailed video. Then there’s Night mode Time-lapse. Just prop up your Apple iPhone and let the light trails begin.
And boom. You own a film studio.
Now you can record 4K HDR video with Dolby Vision. Edit in Photos or iMovie. Then zap it to your TV using AirPlay to see all that colour and detail. It’s a start-to-finish cinematic experience found only on the Apple iPhone. Which comes in handy when your dog does something adorable.
Night mode selfies
Night-time is the right time for a selfie. Because Night mode and a slew of other great features are now on the front camera. Like Deep Fusion, Smart HDR 3, Dolby Vision recording and more.
Privacy is built in.
The Apple iPhone is designed to protect your information. Face ID data doesn't leave your Apple iPhone and is never backed up to iCloud or anywhere else. iOS shows you an app's privacy practices before you download it. When you use Apple Pay, your credit card number isn't shared with merchants. And the list goes on.
- A14 Bionic chip
- Next-generation Neural Engine
- 5.4‑inch (diagonal) all‑screen OLED display
- 2340x1080-pixel resolution at 476 ppi, 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio, Super Retina XDR display
- HDR display, True Tone, Wide colour (P3), Haptic Touch, 625 nits max brightness (typical); 1,200 nits max brightness (HDR), Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- TrueDepth Camera
- 12-megapixel photos and 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps
- Retina Flash, ƒ/2.2 aperture, Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control
- Portrait Lighting with six effects (Natural, Studio, Contour, Stage, Stage Mono, High‑Key Light Mono)
- Animoji and Memoji, Smart HDR 3 with Scene Detection, Lens correction, Auto image stabilisation
- 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps; Extended dynamic range for video at 30 fps, Cinematic video stabilisation (4K, 1080p and 720p)
- Wide colour capture for photos and Live Photos, Burst mode, QuickTake video, Night mode, Deep Fusion
- HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 30 fps, Slo‑mo video support for 1080p at 120 fps
- Time-lapse video with stabilisation, Night mode Time‑lapse
- Video Recording
- HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 30 fps
- 4K video recording at 24 fps, 30 fps or 60 fps, 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps, 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Extended dynamic range for video up to 60 fps, Slo-mo video support for 1080p at 120 fps or 240 fps, Time-lapse video with stabilisation, Night mode Time‑lapse
- Optical image stabilisation for video (Wide), 2x optical zoom out, Digital zoom up to 3x, Brighter True Tone flash
- Cinematic video stabilisation (4K, 1080p and 720p), Continuous autofocus video, Audio zoom, QuickTake video
- Take 8MP still photos while recording 4K video, Playback zoom, Stereo recording, HEVC and H.264 video formats recorded
- iSight Camera
- Dual 12MP camera system: Ultra Wide and Wide cameras
- Ultra Wide: ƒ/2.4 aperture and 120° field of view, Wide: ƒ/1.6 aperture
- 2x optical zoom out, Digital zoom up to 5x, Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control
- Portrait Lighting with six effects (Natural, Studio, Contour, Stage, Stage Mono, High‑Key Light Mono), Optical image stabilisation (Wide), Five‑element lens (Ultra Wide); seven‑element lens (Wide)
- Brighter True Tone flash with slow sync, Panorama (up to 63MP), Burst mode, Photo geotagging
- Sapphire crystal lens cover, 100% Focus Pixels (Wide), Night mode (Ultra Wide, Wide), Deep Fusion (Ultra Wide, Wide)
- Wide colour capture for photos and Live Photos, Smart HDR 3 with Scene Detection
- Advanced red-eye correction, Auto image stabilisation, HEIF and JPEG Image formats captured
Video and Audio Calling:
- FaceTime video calling over Wi‑Fi or a mobile network, FaceTime HD (1080p) video calling over 5G or Wi‑Fi
- FaceTime audio, Voice over LTE (VoLTE), Wi-Fi Calling
- Audio formats supported: AAC‑LC, HE‑AAC, HE‑AAC v2, Protected AAC, MP3, Linear PCM, Apple Lossless, FLAC, Dolby Digital (AC‑3), Dolby Digital Plus (E‑AC‑3), Dolby Atmos and Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX and AAX+)
- Spatial audio playback, User-configurable maximum volume limit
TV and Video:
- Up to 4K HDR AirPlay for mirroring, photos and video out to Apple TV (2nd generation or later) or AirPlay 2–enabled smart TV
- Supports HDR with Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG
- Video mirroring and video out support: up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)
- Video formats supported: HEVC, H.264, MPEG‑4 Part 2 and Motion JPEG
Mail Attachment and File Support:
- Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel); .zip; .ics; .usdz (USDZ Universal)
Cellular and Wireless:
- Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax) with 2x2 MIMO
- 5G, Gigabit LTE with 4x4 MIMO and LAA, Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology, NFC with reader mode
- Express Cards with power reserve, Ultra Wideband chip for spatial awareness
- Model A2399 - 5G NR (Bands n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n25, n28, n38, n40, n41, n66, n77, n78, n79), FDD‑LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 30, 32, 66), TD‑LTE (Bands 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48), CDMA EV‑DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz), UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz), GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- Dual SIM (nano-SIM and eSIM) support
- iOS 14
- Built-in GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS and BeiDou
- Digital compass, iBeacon micro-location, Wi‑Fi, Mobile data
- Face ID, Barometer. Three-axis gyro, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient light sensors
- 131.7 x 64.2 x 7.4 mm
- 133 grams
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access
- Syncing to a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: macOS Catalina 10.15 or later using the Finder, macOS El Capitan 10.11.6 to macOS Mojave 10.14.6 using iTunes 12.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7 or later using iTunes 12.10.10 or later